I am happy to say that we have added the newest addition to our family. He was born at 1:09 p.m on Friday, June 11th, 2010 (he waited until Friday to ensure mom and Sandra could be there). Delivery was probably my quickest thus far, although I have been having contractions for a week. We left for the hospital close to 5:00 a.m. and a friend came to sit with the kids until James could get them. I was dilated to a 4.5 on my own, when we arrived but stayed that way for a little while and was put on pitocin and that got me to a 7 in hours. Then mom, Sandra, and Jake were talking about the other rooms contractions closer than mine and the women progressing, (the monitor that measures my contractions, shows others as well). So, I rolled off my side and laid on my back, joking that I had to beat them, like I have control over that, but I went from a 7 to a 10 in quickly, I want to say within 15 minutes, so maybe being on back helped....doctor arrived, scrubbed up, and had me push on my 2nd contraction after she was there. He was born with 1 contraction and 3 pushes. Sandra was able to cut the cord. I feel truly blessed that not only was Jake in there but also mom and Sandra because they are such prominent people in the lives of my children.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Christopher Wade Farrell
I am happy to say that we have added the newest addition to our family. He was born at 1:09 p.m on Friday, June 11th, 2010 (he waited until Friday to ensure mom and Sandra could be there). Delivery was probably my quickest thus far, although I have been having contractions for a week. We left for the hospital close to 5:00 a.m. and a friend came to sit with the kids until James could get them. I was dilated to a 4.5 on my own, when we arrived but stayed that way for a little while and was put on pitocin and that got me to a 7 in hours. Then mom, Sandra, and Jake were talking about the other rooms contractions closer than mine and the women progressing, (the monitor that measures my contractions, shows others as well). So, I rolled off my side and laid on my back, joking that I had to beat them, like I have control over that, but I went from a 7 to a 10 in quickly, I want to say within 15 minutes, so maybe being on back helped....doctor arrived, scrubbed up, and had me push on my 2nd contraction after she was there. He was born with 1 contraction and 3 pushes. Sandra was able to cut the cord. I feel truly blessed that not only was Jake in there but also mom and Sandra because they are such prominent people in the lives of my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Congrats!!!
Can't wait to meet him!
Love the name! Love the pictures! Love you!!!
Hate the name, love the pictures and you.
And BS!
I agree with Sandra, I love the baby and I love you I am not keen on the name but he is your baby. He's a cutie....looks like me. He acutally favors Michael.
Congratulations! I just found out today that you had your baby! (I guess that's what happens when one goes out of town for 3 weeks!). Anyway, congratulations! Hope all is well and glad everything is okay! Miss ya!
Post a Comment