So often I speak of how challenging my boy can be, and he is, but there is so much goodness about him too and I can tell he is really trying right now. Yesterday we had a family over for dinner and their daughter (about 10-11 years old, I am guessing) had a melt down and would not come in the house. Her parents allowed her to sit in the car, Will, my sweet Will, made her a plate of food and took it out to the car to her and sat with her a minute to check on her. In that moment, I knew at the end of the day and the struggles we have now, everything will be okay because his heart is in the right place and that is what matters.
This past weekend was stake conference and the prior was general conference. I very much enjoyed general conference, there were several really good messages, a phrase form one in particular I have used a few times these past couple weeks when I feel misunderstood or down. I simply say "Not today, Satan" and it feels a touch better. The question I had on my hear this general conference was about parenting, specifically the best course of action for Jake and I with Will. There were talks that reminded me of the worth of him and not to give up, but now that I think about it, I think yesterday's act of love from him towards another was an answer as well.
I have been a little more fiesty than usual this past week and fear I make things more difficult for my Jake. I do not want to hold him back nor make his life (and calling) more challenging. I want to do better as well, so maybe I will talk to Will and we can work together to do better.
On a different note, Aubree was able to see Charity over the weekend unexpectedly. I was happy to get pictures of that. Aubree also visited Idaho and saw my brothers over General Conference weekend. I always enjoy getting pictures from those and of my Aubree.





No comments:
Post a Comment