Sunday, April 27, 2025

Church is hard

 Going to church is hard for me. Some Sundays I come home and do not want to go back. There are days when I do not think before I speak and after I leave, I feel immediate regret for saying it or expressing an opinion/feeling. At times I leave feeling less and that I do not make positive contributions. I would never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable at church nor they don’t belong. 

Yet, I know I must keep going. I must go because church is where I need to be and I can do hard things. 

Today, I mentioned to a couple of the homeschool moms I was offended or hurt by the recent play because my boy wasn’t invited to participate. Additionally, the handbook says the church is to not be used for any homeschool activities and it was clearly homeschool, not a community event as they stated. A couple hours after church, it dawned on me that I shouldn’t bring up homeschool and church because I don’t want to be a factor or contributing factor for someone to quit coming to church. And if I was hurt about my child, then they be hurt about their child because homeschool is their life. 

After church, the boys and I went to the singles branch to hear Ginny’s talk. She did a great job on how Mary Magdeline and Barabbus must have felt but that the Savior met them and loved them where they were. She also said the same Savior that walked the Earth during their time is the same one that is here for us today and He loves us. 

It was ward conference for our ward today and Jake likewise gave a great talk. I felt edified then after church made stupid comments. 

No comments: