Ginny is speaking in another unit this morning because Jake asked her too. Our ward supplies speakers for another unit once a month and he asked her and a friend to go this month. Memphis 1st is very small, I’d say about 40 people. As I watched the brethren pass the sacrament, my heart as full of happiness. Only two men pass the sacrament and as I watched, I noticed the young man (probably mid-20’s) took the cups out and handed them to the young toddlers. My heart was happy as I saw the goodness of others. He was patient with the little ones and the mom sitting with four young kids and helped her and them. It was sweet.
Ginny spoke on the deep, deep love of Christ. She started about Mary Magdeline, who was full of demons, and became a follower of Christ. She spoke of when Christ appeared to her and she thought it was a gardener and how often does Christ show up in our lives and we may think it’s someone or something else. Next she told the story of Peter the doubts but then trusting. She also spoke of Peter denying the Christ and how often we may betray Christ by choosing something over him. Judas was last and how Christ still loves him and will most likely embrace him in the next life and still call him friend. Ginny shared a story of when she felt low and was rambling to God and after she got quiet, she felt Him speak to her. She said “To be loved is to be known. And the Savior knows us. Christ radically changes people because He radically loved them.” Our job is to love and make people feel seen.

No comments:
Post a Comment