Often on Sundays, I feel alone/unnoticed. A few months ago when one of Jake’s new counselors was called, I invited the wife with her 4 children under 8 to sit with me on Sundays. She did for a couple months then had family in town for about six weeks and did not, however, after the family left, she did not re-join me. It makes me wonder if I was doing something undesired or maybe I said something outside of sacrament (unfortunately there are times I say something that after I wish I would’ve refrained from saying) that has prompted to change. I really, really, really want to do good but I see so often things I could’ve done or said differently. Then in sacrament I opened my scriptures and at the top by the chapter I was preparing to read I had written the words “I am not forgotten”, could it possible the Lord knew I’d need reminders. And if that wasn’t a reminder enough, the speaker today was the same person who spoke with me 2 weeks ago in West Memphis and gave the same talk. How ironic that the Lord is reminding me it’s going to be okay, we’re all different- hidden gems, a work in progress. We need to be patient with others and ourselves. We are spiritual gemstones, continually being refined. That means, I can be better and am seen. He (Heavenly Father) sees me even I may not always realize it. I am so grateful that He sees fit not to give up on me and to share reminders with me.
To make today even more to me, the second speaker, her husband, spoke on loving God and others. He spoke of how people may feel unnoticed or unseen and are we being the one to reach out or are we thinking “someone” will. He also spoke of times he looked for reasons of something he may have done to cause others to visit he and his family. He encouraged us to not be upset with others or assume things but reach out and see what they may need. The adversary wants us to stay in mode of hurt and become entrapped. So instead of me dwelling on feeling alone, may I need to reach out to others and be more proactive in ensuring no one else may feel unnoticed.

We drove to Jackson for dinner after church to celebrate my dads birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment