Monday, September 1, 2025

Boston Trip part 1

 A few months ago Ginny purchased ball game tickets in Boston to attend with one of her co-workers. However, the co-worker was unable to attend, so she asked to make it a girls trip. Aubree wasn’t able to come because it’s her first full week of school but I didn’t want Ginny coming along, so here I am. We left early Saturday morning and arrived in Boston about 3:00pm. We walked a little that evening and had dinner. Sunday, we got up and explored Cambridge (home of Harvard University), attended church, attempted to walk temple grounds (gates were locked, boo), and then explored Beacon Hill and Boston Commons, a public park.  I was bummed temple grounds were closed but the time with Ginny has been good. At church, we sang Amazing Grace with bag pipes. The song always reminds me of my Mamaw and Papaw.  The words to it are beautiful. At the park in Boston, there’s an old historically cemetery and hardly any names on the grave stones/markets, it made he very sad for the people and I thought of Mr. John and after my dad passes, he may not be remembered.  Everyone deserves to be loved and remembered. As we walked around the park, Ginny and I re-enacted statues to send to Aubree which generated lots of laughs  I want this trip to become a pleasant memory for the both of us. 















No comments: