Monday, September 29, 2025

On to Alaska

The week after Ginny and I got home from Boston, Jake and I left for an Alaskan Cruise with our friends the Donalds.  We are very fortunate the Ginny was so kind enough to watch the boys while we went.  While we were gone, she also got rear-ended but was okay.  A day before we left on the cruise, there was an assassination of Charlie Kirk.  Honestly, I knew little about him before his murder but he seemed to be a man that promoted Christ, Christian beliefs, and family and was killed for it.  His death has since led to many people turning to the Lord.  His memorial felt like a religious revival in some ways and people (including politicians) were bearing witness of the Savior, it was very inspiring, especially his wife's remarks. 

Alaska was beautiful, so much of the beauty reminded me that we have a God that loves us.   I enjoyed the time with just Jake.  That man makes me better every day and shows love in ways I did not know could exist.  He is my everything. We rented a car and spent the day at Mt. Rainier after disembarking the boat.  The following day our flight home was cancelled so we spent the day exploring Seattle and caught an overnight flight home. I even convinced them to walk the temple grounds with me. We had time for a session but 1/2 didn’t have recommends or proper attire. 









































No comments: