Sunday, May 5, 2024

Here's to 23 and counting

The day was May 5th 2001. My heart was beating fast and full of anxiety. I pulled up to the temple and turned around not once but twice. It was the third time pulling in, I saw Jake at the door. Anxiety ceased and calmness came over me.

 
He came, met me, and we walked in hand and hand. Everything felt right. I was walking in to my forever, preparing to say “yes” to eternity with best friend. He was handsome. He was the one I wanted to grow old with.
 
It’s been twenty three years, 4 kids later, and he's more handsome, more calming, and still my bestest friend. He’s still the one I want to spend forever with. I love you, Jake! I am so thankful our paths crossed and we took a chance when most people thought we were nuts. I would do it all over again. We’ve learn and grown so much together.
 
I’m glad after a late night of traveling last night, a long day of church, and a ward Cinco de Mayo dinner, we get to come home and be tired together. 


No comments: