Tuesday, February 25, 2025

Please end February

 I am ready for this month to pass.  It has been a long, heavy month. School was out a couple days last week (2/19 and 2/20) due to ice and snow so that was a plus.  Jake had the idea to see Hamilton Monday night as we got into bed, so Tuesday 2/18, I got tickets for the family.  The kids and Jake love Texas de Brazil so we went there for dinner before the show.  It was an unexpected splurge but with the events of the prior week, one that may have been much needed for our family. It was snowing good and there was ice on the road when we left but we made it safely home.  It was cute during the show, the boys were on the row in front of us and we could tell Christopher was nodding off, however after intermission, he seemed to be fine.  We had some seats in the wheelchair accessible area and Jake was so happy with the leg room.  School was back in on Friday but I was off work due to an administrative close with heating issues, so I took Jake lunch.  I enjoy being with him.

 

 




The youth had their spaghetti dinner fundraiser on Saturday 2/22 and it seemed to be a great success.  Saturday was exhausting as that morning was the funeral for Debbie Long, we were at the church most of the day between the two.  This was Jake's 10th funeral as bishop.  I had the thought a couple times this past week that he was prepared and saved to lead at the moment.  I spoke in West Memphis on Sunday (2/23)  and my dad rode with me. After church I made my parents a quick lunch because I knew I would be cooking dinner that evening because the girl's friend, Noah, was coming over. 

 

 

 

 

 

My heart has been heavy worrying for my son as I do not know the best course of action to parent him nor help build his faith. I am hoping  he is in the midst of a faith evolution (trying to use this phrase from here out instead of faith crisis) and will see the hand of God and miracles in his life.  He does not like me most days though and gets super annoyed that I "make" him do school work or try to limit his soda intake to one a day.  He also does not like when I try to counsel him on his spending habits, trying to help him not spend his entire check in one day. 

Maybe this month is a faith evolution for me.....I am trying really hard to see the hand of God in my life and trust in Him to lead me.  I get nervous I will not recognize it, or maybe even convince myself that my own voice in my head is Him. I need to learn better to discern.

No comments: