Monday, February 17, 2025

Tender mercies

 Yesterday as the sacrament was being passed, I had another small crying episode. A few minutes after church started, my mom and dad came and joined me at church.  I know they came because they are worried and care for me. I tried to walk discretely out after the sacrament and come back in the back, so hopefully it was not evident. Sunday school was good  and after one of the sisters came and asked how I was, which led to more teary eyes. But amongst all my little tears, there were some tender mercies too through comments.  At one point, I was speaking with one of Jake's counselors and he told me that he had prayed for the bishop to sleep well Friday night after I had told me it has been a long week for us and to maybe offer Jake a blessing. Then Saturday he was talking to Jake and Jake mentioned he had had the best night of sleep he had had in a hot minute, a tender mercy and testament to me that God, not only hears our prayers, but answers them. Jake said he had felt the prayers of others.  How I hope that people continue to pray for him and our son. 

Jake had a later day than normal at church so I ended up trying to grill steaks. It was also my mom's birthday and we wanted to cook for her. However, it did give me more time to feel bad and cry more, which is exactly what I needed (sarcasm).  Dinner was good and Jake made it as we were having cake, I was just glad to see him.  He gives me strength and reminds me of the good in me when I forget. After everyone left, Jake and I went to make visits. While he was visiting with one, he shared an experience he had this past week, that I was reminded of that I should record.  Jake conveyed he was cleaning out his office Tuesday night and as he was straightening his drawer where he keeps wedding, baptism, and funeral programs that he told the Lord he was ready, if it was time for him to do another funeral..then Wednesday night, Debbie passed unexpectedly. Jake felt as if the Lord had provided him a short break and prepared him.

 Another mercy was about 9:00pm last night, another sister from the ward texted and asked if she could stop be.  She wanted to check on me and said she had the prompting for a couple days. What a tender mercy to me to be reminded, I am not forgotten. Sometimes in challenging times or in waiting periods of our lives we feel forgotten. 






No comments: