Monday, August 24, 2026

My most spiritual sacrament meeting

 Recently I shared that after several months, I felt like I was good or understood better mt feelings from November 2025. Yesterday was our ward conference and I was edified.  Jake's talk was vulnerable and wonderful.  He started by making the congregation chuckle, because as got up he said that President Mosey said don't be nervous and now he was nervous and has to pee. You heard laughs.  Not only was his message powerful but the delivery was flawless.  He ushered in the Spirit (talk found on previous post).  After his talk,the bishopric treated the congregation with a musical treat "Gratitude" (by Brandon Lake). Jake Harper (1st counselor) introduced the song with the following and then my Jake played the accompaniment, and Ricky Packard (2nds counselor) sang. The Spirit had already been introduced with the Jake's talk and the musical number gave you goosebumps. 

"Brothers and sisters the gratitude we have has everything to do with the way we praise and serve Him who saves us. We want to express our gratitude as a bishopric by saying thank you for your service to the Lord and His work. We love you.  Thank you for loving our Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ and His restored Gospel. Let us continue showing our gratitude by being His hands and His feet in serving one to another, by opening our mouths, singing Hallelujah to praise him and speaking the words He would have us speak.  While listening to the musical number think to yourself. How do you show gratitude and praise with a heart filled hallelujah to the King of heaven and earth, our Savior, Jesus Christ?" 

The meeting concluded with President Mosey (the Stake President) sharing an experience about ministering, where he was ministered to and the person's whom home he was at to take his son shooting.  While there were no invitations shared about covenants, all were edified, including his young son whom was counseled by the older gentleman to remain in the church.  Both men had lost their wives and spoke of that.  He spoke of Job where his friends came and sat and sometimes that is ministering just being there.  It too was a great talk.  The meeting closed with the congregation singing "I will walk with Jesus".  There were several times where I looked around and saw people in tears, the Spirit was in abundance in our congregation yesterday.  It was a a beautiful day and the strongest I have felt the Spirit in sacrament meeting that I recall.  It also helped that the sacrament hymn was "I Stand all Amazed", which is one of my favorite. 

 After sacrament, I went to the YSA branch to hear Aubree speak and she too nailed it. My parents were up and after YSA, we went my house to eat. We ate about 3, but they did not stay long. We had to be back at the church at 5:30 for the youth program practice and feeding the youth. What a way to end the day as hearing the youth practice the music was also beautiful.  It was a day that I did not want to end.  

The guy (Sterling Hammond) that Ginny has been dating a month came up for the weekend.


No comments: