Monday, June 22, 2026
Christopher's Father's Day Talk
We celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. But yet we don’t celebrate national children’s day which was last Sunday. It’s in the past now, so I’ll focus on Father’s Day.
To start things off, the Holy Ghost is the spirit of revelation. It gives feelings of warmth and joy. We all receive the Holy Spirit when we are baptized.
Furthermore, the Holy Ghost helps with a lot of things. For instance, 2nd Nephi 32:5 explains, “For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.” The Holy Ghost helps us all make choices. The choices can be small or big, easy or hard, etc. It doesn’t matter what choice it is. For example, some mornings for seminary can be challenging. I’ve had a couple of days where I n have a headache and I don’t want to go. I would often pray in my heart to decide if I should go or not. Every single time the answer was clear: I should go to seminary. A couple of minutes go by and my one nightmarish headache was just a simple breeze. To wrap things up, I know the Holy Spirit helps you with any choice.
Next, you need to know how it speaks to you. Doctrine and covenants 8:2 states, “2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.” The Holy Ghost speaks to you in many ways. However, the Lord will always speaks to in our heart and mind. For me I hear it by feeling an overload of warmth in my chest. In summary, I can guarantee you that the Holy Spirit will speak to you.
Moreover, President Henry b. Eyring once said in a 2015 talk, “The companionship of the Holy Ghost makes what is good more attractive and temptation less compelling. That alone should be enough to make us determined to qualify for the Spirit to be with us always.” I think that should speak for itself. The Holy Spirit makes our lives easier by helping us with any situation. I also try my best to have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion. In conclusion, I know that the Holy Ghost helps us make good choices.
Lastly, you are almost at the end. On the topic of good choices, everyone has a positive male in their life that helps by being an example. For instance, my dad is a perfect example for me because he always chooses to serve. Furthermore, he loves everyone that he meets and he cares for them. I have been truly blessed by him being a great example.
All in all, the Holy Spirit helps us make choices and it speaks to us. I know that as we strive to have the Holy Ghost by our side as a constant companion, it will help us with our lives. It will help us decipher right from wrong and it will strengthen our grip to the iron rod. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment