Jake and the boys have been at boys camp this week, so it has been the girls and I at home. What do we do when dad and the boys are away? We play and enjoy a clean house. However, I will take the shoes laying around and dishes in the sink to have them back home. It was nice for a short time but I miss them. I was very productive each day after work though. Tuesday night I invited several ladies from church for a girls dinner and 17 showed up. It was nice to see so many come together.
Thursday night I invited my girls to the temple. Ginny and I had dinner before since Aubree was at work. Ginny did a session, Aubree and I did the late initiatories when she got off work. As I sat through and listened to the promises of the initiatory, it dawned on me that they are two fold blessings, not just physical blessings but spiritual blessings as well. After I finished my last name, the temple worker told me Aubree had went to the Celestial room, so I went in and sat on the couch beside her. She laid her head on my shoulder and I my head on hers. It was a tender moment for me that got even better when Ginny came through. She sat down beside me and held my hand. That moment with both my girls on the couch in the Celestial room was the highlight of my week. How I love them! I had been praying for my children and their future spouses. I was also saying a special prayer for Jake as I know the last 2-3 weeks have been very heavy on him bishoping, although I do not know specifics. There were a few moments in the initiatory I felt water in my eyes and almost the entire time in the celestial room, tears were in my eyes. It felt good.



No comments:
Post a Comment