Wednesday, June 17, 2026

Hot Springs

 The weekend after boy's camp proved to be a busy one.  We had my resident graduation on Saturday and left on Sunday after church to go to Hot Springs. Several of Jake's family met in Hot Springs over the course of the week to spend a little time together.  My favorite part of the trip was watching the kids play with cousins and seeing Will included with the other boys.  I also liked seeing Jake play games with his brothers.  Papa Farrell played everyone in corn hole and remained the champ individually but Jake and I can claim the team champion as we beat he and Tommie.  The girls drove up separately on Monday but ran out charge. Jake was able to get to them and help. It was an answered prayer because I was not fond of the girls stranded on the side of the interstate in the pouring rain. The older I get the more I see Heavenly Father's hand in answering prayers.  I had misplaced something and looked several places for it. One evening as I was looking, I silently asked that it be found and there it was laying on floor.  I want to continue to grow my faith that God is aware of me. 

Lots of use of the batting cage and setting up volleyball.

  

Watching the Spurs and the Knicks play. The Farrells are big Spurs fans.


The cousins ran together a few nights.  Christopher has been trying to run more often.  He set a new personal record and the best part about that was that his dad and sisters stayed right by him encouraging him to keep going. 


 

Christopher, Oscar, Jake, Devin, and Reid 

Oscar, Ginny, and Aubree

 

Papa and Ginny remained undefeated at spades, except when the played Sara and Jake.  Ginny and Papa have been partners for a few years now at play every time they are together against anyone who will play them.  

 

We spent time walking around town together and goofing off.  The last night, we enjoyed a dinner together.  The kids and some of the adults competed in an escape room.  The brothers (Jake, Chris, and Tommie) were very convinced that the kids would not escape but to their surprise, their kids made it out quicker than they did.  












No comments: