Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines week

Valentines was on a Tuesday, so Monday work was early and long. I had to be there at 6:30p.m and did not get off until 3:00 a.m., so I as exhausted but wanted to make sure the kids woke up to something. We are trying to conserve money to buy a new home, so I decided to hear attack the doors. The week of valentines this week was crazy busy for me....I literally had things going everyday and most days multiple things going. However, the highlight of the week was being able to go watch Aubree's black history program at school. She wanted to be a slave so she could wear her jeans and she played up the part. She loved it and was so proud. One of my favorite things about that day was how she looked very hard to spot us in the audience. Sandra was there too and Aubree wanted to make sure that she saw us. It was also a bonus that I was off work Valentines night. The next morning, I enjoyed mornings with mom at the girls school.I had taken off because Jake and I were suppose to meet with the attorney from a car wreck over two years ago. We both took off work and on our way there, we received a phone call that they needed to cancel...I was mad but did enjoy the day with Jake. We went and got him botox again to hopefully help headaches to become less frequent for him. Then Friday, Jake and Aubree flew to Houston for Callie's baptism. Aubree loves Callie and enjoyed the time with her dad. I enjoyed a good weekend too. Mom came up Saturday evening and we went to dinner and the mall with Charity. Jacob William took Rebekah to dinner for being his Valentine. The Sunday, I was able to be with Sandra at Elijah's blessing and enjoy a nice afternoon at James's house with a lot of the family. Ginny and I came home and enjoyed a little "girl time", we baked cookies, had popcorn, and watched a "chic flick". The week ended on a high not because a little before midnight, Jake and Aubree arrived home. Jake is real funny, he packed me a piece of cake in his suitcase because he liked it so much, he wanted me to have some too..how sweet is that!

1 comment:

Sandra and Brent said...

I loved Aubree's school program. Your kids are so special to me. I feel blessed to have them in my life.