Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday fun

Jake spent a weekend with his dad on November 30th- December 1st in San Antonio to attend the Spurs game. While I am certain that he had fun, the kids and I began our holiday fun too. Jacob William, sang Santa in at his pre-school for the city of Bartlett,
 
we celebrated Eliah Reed's 1st birthday,
 
 
and went to the ward Christmas party.
 
The this past week we enjoyed the pre-school program, Ginny's 5th note performance, the girls signed Silent Night at the ward Christmas program, the cousin's gift exchange, and Ginny's DARE graduation. The holidays are busy but fun.


My daughters have also taught me two important lessons here in the last few days. Aubree and I were delivering a couple of meals and I told her how proud I was of her and that I loved her. She just said "mom, it is better to give than receive." Then last night after a fun time at the cousin's dinner party (dinner, sugar cookie decorating, craft time, new pjs' from Nana Eaton, and gifts from one another), we got home and went upstairs to Ginny's room. She, too, is a great kid but last night she informed Jake and I that "you guys get it all wrong". We are hitting the pre-teen stage and I really do hope that I get it right and am able to teach my babies all they need to know. I also want them to know that I love them beyond measure. My babies are my everything! (with Jake of course)

No comments: