Sunday, April 2, 2017

Happy Late birthday Jake and Ginny

Sometimes time slips away much quicker than you anticipate and out days become so busy that we neglect to do things we hope or want to do.  There are many days when I think that I should post in my little journal here but I neglect to do so and use the excuse that it app keeps closing on my phone or I will do it later.  I have made it a point to always try to post on my family's birthdays but did not do so this past month. Granted after work, I did go straight into showing houses on Ginny's birthday to some folks from out of town and we spent Jake's birthday at the ball park watching Ginny's games.  Nonetheless, I neglected to post on their birthday. I updated my social media post on Jake's birthday with this status: "The world became a better place this day a few, or maybe many, years ago when this guy entered it. Happy birthday to the guy who makes me better! I am still surprised that this guy chose me. I am the 🍀luckiest🍀gal to be able to celebrate this birthday boy. He makes me happy every day. He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me. Happy Birthday to my best friend."  Jake is the best thing that has ever happened to me and there is no one that I love more.  Ginny celebrated her 15th birthday the next very next day. I can not believe that she can now drive with an adult in the car (she passed the exam answering 24/27 correct).  Her grades are excellent and she is surviving seminary.  There are mornings where I ask her if she is certain she wants to go and she faithfully wants to go. She has a passion for softball right now and loves to eat at Chipolte.  Ginny makes wise decisions most of the day and likes to surprise people by doing kind things for them.  She is developing into a beautiful young women physically and inwardly as well.  She is a good kid.
Now, an update on my other crew....Aubree has secured a position in her school play "The Jungle Book" and is looking forward to surprising everyone with her performance.  She has also been nominated to try out for a speaking part at the district wide address.  Aubree is a mother hen and very charismatic.  There is no gray to her, it is either right or wrong, black or white. Aubree was very sad when she did not make the middle school softball team so Jake went to Bartlett Parks and Rec and was instrumental in getting softball teams formed in the community so she would be able to play.  She continues to improve and later will look back and this will be a manifestation of the love her father has for her and how solid of a dad he is.  On a side note, all four of the kids are playing softball or baseball so between games and practices we are gone about every evening and it is a struggle to eat together as a family which is a top priority to me.  The boys are as crazy as ever.  Usually, I have stories to share about Will but Christopher gets one today.  Last week, I was participating in his IEP at school and at the end the teacher asks me if Christopher was bitten by a snake in his sleep.  She stated he has told her for two days that he was bitten by a snake in his sleep and is developing scales on his back.  Now, this is not true but Aubree has him convinced that he has scales on his back. We had a good laugh.  The teacher also states how well mannered he was was and gentle-man like.  She stated that he always opens the door for her and pulls her chair out for her to sit in. Christopher is definitely a kind little boy and does very kind things for his mom (and now teachers too). However, he has a rotten side to him too. About the same time, I come home from work and find out that on the bus, Christopher got hot and decided to try to take off his shorts and just be in his underwear...at least he was not taking off his underwear. My boys really keep me on my feet and test my patience.  I worry so much about Will because he does not always make the best choices (although they are still innocent at this point and mainly about not listening to mom and dad) but I worry that I am not teaching him well enough or that he does not know just how good he is and can be.  These 5 people that I share a home with are my greatest blessing and source of joys and frustrations...I would not change the life I have with them.  I can sincerely say that I have a happy life.  Busy but happy!

No comments: