Monday, September 18, 2017

A Grandfather's Love

Yesterday, we drove up to Paris TN for Sandra’s kids primary program. As I sat behind Will and watched he and my dad interact, my mind turned Papaw and the relationship that I was privileged to share with him.  I hope that my boy feels that with his Papa…there is no feeling like no knowing no matter what you do that someone will always love you.   While I pray that my children know that about Jake and me, it is nice to share that feeling with someone else as well.  It did not help that as I was driving this morning, my thoughts were on memories with my grandparents too. My life was enriched by them.
On a different note, we are hoping to be able to surprise our kids and take them to Disney over fall break but I am uncertain that it can even happen, it is so costly.  But at the same time, I think my kids are at the perfect age and as much as a I hate to realize it, there is a good chance I have only three summers left with Ginny. Where has time gone? I feel like I need to devote more time to my babes and force life to slow down, even if means not getting involved with so many extra-curricular activities.  

No comments: