Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happiest of Thanksgivings!

For a school teacher, the time between Fall break and Christmas break just happens but happens quickly.  It is already Thanksgiving. One of the great things particular about this Thanksgiving is that my entire family is together.  As much drama as it will bring, I love it! Often I feel I that I am the "black sheep" per say and yearn for acceptance and love.  I am aware that some of it comes directly from me. I feel that I have a great relationship with my sisters but often think my brothers are indifferent as to if they see us or not, well more so, James.  I picked them up from the airport Tuesday night and they spent the night here. Wednesday, I got up early and ran to grab more milk and soda (James had asked for a particular kind) and donuts.  When I got back in, I had to change and get to dentist appointments, I was planning to spend the afternoon with his family and he had mentioned adult dinner plans but I have not seen him again since.  Jake bought a 2017 Nissan Armada 2 weeks ago, so we are letting James use the highlander so I am sure at some point, he has to see me because he has my car (wink, wink).  Sydney has spent the last two nights with us and Aubree is loving that.  Sydney was here to surprise Aubree when she got home from her Beta trip.  Although, there are days that sometimes I feel bad for myself, I know that I have a very blessed and happy life.  I have a husband who adores me (most days) and loves me.  I have four kids who make me a better person. Ginny is at the stage where she could care less if I am around or not but I know she loves me.  It hurts my heart that she does not talk to me more and when people tell her she acts like me, she tells them she wants to be nothing like me.  I am trying to learn teenagers and instill a sense of gratitude in all my babies.  Will seems sour most days and focuses on the negative, so we are trying to help him see the good and make wise choices.  He is a good kid but sometimes does not think things through.  Christopher is a mama's boy and when asked what he wanted for Christmas, he simply wanted his family to be happy.  Now that may sound sweet but he is sneaky too.
Our home, electricity, air conditioning, heat, cars, medicine, washing machines, and food are a few other things I am thankful for.  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to learn to have faith and believe in God. At times my testimony is just a hope but it is a good hope and a good way of life.  Each morning on the way to school, Aubree or the boys, remind us to read the scriptures and I am thankful for that routine that our family has gotten in.  I know that will help increase my testimony and the testimony of my children of the goodness of the gospel.  I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that loved me enough to send his Son and that Christ loved me enough to allow forgiveness of my short comings and make a way for eternal families.  So, this Thanksgiving day, as we prepare to go to Jackson, I will see the joy in my family and focus on the good.  I will try my darnedest to serve and love others.  I will be a beacon of joy to others.
 And I just realized that I did not add any Halloween photos or photos since Fall break, so I will add the. This Halloween, Jake stood in the window and jumped against the window as trick or treaters passed, it was hilarious.   The girls also recently had Young Women's in excellence. Aubree shared how she is developing her faith as she tries to be kind to others and Ginny shared a family cookbook that she has been working on. It looks great thus far.

Christopher, Will, and Riley



Meeting Clark Michael Adamson
20th Eaton Grandchild- Clark Adamson



No comments: