Saturday, December 16, 2017

December is Here

December in our house begins with a visit form Zang, the elf, which I have somehow lost over the last week.  However, he made his appearance by hanging new sleep socks for our four crazies on the fireplace.  Do not worry, he did plenty of mischief before he suspiciously disappeared.  December always proves to be a busy month filled with holiday festivities. We took the kids to zoo lights and the following week, I took them to a living nativity.  The plan was for all of us to go but Jake had a headache so mom, Charity, and her kids came. It was an enjoyable evening. This morning I was telling Jake that December birthdays are just another day. My mom had called and wanted to try to do something for my birthday next week but here is the reality of a birthday the week before Christmas, yes, all intention are good and people really do want you to feel special but there are kids programs and everyone gets lost in the preparation of Christmas, less than a week away. I ran a few errands with the boys this morning and came home to find miscellaneous post it notes around the entire house all day today.  This had to have been per-meditated because some of the item were purchased last night when he and Aubree went out for a little bit because Ginny had friends over watching a show.  I first noticed in my purse when I went to get a coupon out of my purse for our lunch. There was a large chocolate bar in my purse with a note about how he (Jake) loves me and thinks it is funny that I sneak chocolate into church. When I questioned when he out it in my purse, he said when I went out to grab more groceries.  My second one was discovered on popcorn with a shore note on how he enjoyed watching movies with me, thirdly was on nacho cheese and how I like nacho cheese with my popcorn, oh, so good.  The next four discovered was a vanilla sugar scrub in the bath, a new lotion (for my soft touch, of course), a homemade candle with rose petals, and lastly new sleep socks so I do not put my cold feet on him when we go to bed.  Jake is the romantic in this relationship and I LOVED all my little notes.

























No comments: