Sunday, September 16, 2018

Catch Up

With all six members of our family in school, it seems that we barely stay afloat some days (Jake is working on his EdS and I am working on my Masters) but we are making extra effort to ensure we do.  Our family is not always the best at family home evening but the last two weeks we have managed to do it.  The first week, we each drew a name and that was our secret family member to be extra charitable and kind to for the week.  It was neat to see everyone guess the following week and listen to the kids about their whys.  It seemed our family was a little more tolerant of one another.  This past week, we created goals on ping pong balls and we have to try to complete them each day (some are personal, some are family, and some are random things anyone can do) to empty our basket.  I feel Jake was inspired to do these activities, if not for anyone but me.  My goal was to not raise my voice and I have done well.  We also started Will on medication for his hyperness and are monitoring that but I want to believe it has been self-control that has prevented me from raising my voice. Oh my stars, I just looked at previous entries and realized that I have not even uploaded the back to school photos (well, I didn't even think to take them but Eileen took pictures of the boys for me and so did Christopher's teacher).  We spent a couple of weekends in Jackson this past month as well.  There are times that I wish we went down more often but am thankful we get down when we do. This week, we were in Jackson for ward conference but my parents were in Idaho, so I drove down this morning but Will accompanied me.  Towards the end of church, I received the following from Jake:
"If I were a kite, you would be the string.  To some it might appear that you are holding me back and preventing me from souring.  Only if I could break the cord that binds me, then surely they believe I could go higher.  Yet if the cord was broke, I could not support my own weight, I would flutter in the wind, being tossed to and fro, only to come crashing down.  Upon further review, it is you that supports the flight and I am forever grateful."  
Melts my heart! I am not sure how that man puts up with me but I am sure glad that he does. We realize that our time is limited with Ginny before she enters the world of adulthood and it makes me sad and want to be selfish with spending time with her.























No comments: