Monday, December 20, 2021

Happy birthday Me!

 The week before Christmas birthdays are always filled with busyness and not much time to celebrate.  Yet somehow despite it being on a Sunday, it was a near perfect day with our crew.  Our family (yes that included me this year, I got to turn the pages) performed the Casting Crows piano duet of "I heard the bells on Christmas Day" and I am certain Aubree sounded the best she has ever sounded.  And they met quickly in Jake's office for a family photo.  The kids and I came home and made lunch. Jake knew it was going to be a long day at church and that night, we watched "The Grinch".  Becky also stopped by too during the day.  The Dilgard boys were especially good too.  It was a really nice day minus my runny nose and now scratchy throat.  

Here is the post Jake made last night...I am not sure I agree with it all but he is a keeper for sure. "Today my best friend turns 44! I think of the ways that she has made the world a better place in those 44 years. She has served others her entire life, whether it be through a simple smile and kind word or removing debris from natural disasters. She has brought four beautiful children into this world, and helped nurture many more. She has patiently helped me develop as a husband and father. She has been an ambassador for Christ, helping anyone she meets know that they have a Savior who loves them. Renee Farrell you are simply amazing and I am so grateful to God that you are in my life. My world has been and forever will be better with you in it. Happy birthday!"






 

No comments: