Friday, April 12, 2024

Answered prayer & Totality

Recently, there has been some friction between my sister and I, which was a partial misconception after I spoke with her. It has been on-going a couple of weeks but I did not understand the severity of it on her part.  I felt as if she was not supporting Jake and she felt that I was purposely trying to make her uncomfortable as I sat on the front row.  Without going into the petty details, the night after I spoke with her I had expressed it all to Jake. He thinks some of it could have been avoided if he was fully informed of some things by a leader in the ward, who withheld her name (although I think he knew it was her because of me) and if another leader would not have made a decision without consulting the ward counsel or him. He was frustrated and had meetings already set up with one the next evening and scheduled to meet with the other.  

I knew he was off, so I prayed fervently to Heavenly Father to please allow his meetings to go well and that he follow the Spirit.  You see, I am certain because he loves me so much and it effected my feelings, added to it the most.  Anyways, he came home late that evening after his meetings and when I asked how they went, he said "the Spirit constrained me from saying what I had wanted to say" and they were good.  He said he had just wanted to be upset and express his frustration but instead both were very pleasant meetings.  I knew right then the Lord heard and answered my prayers...that measly old me was seen and heard.  Prayer is real and the Lord is there.


General Conference weekend was well too.  I very much enjoyed Elder Holland's talk on prayer and he sharing the struggles he has had.  It re-affirmed that God hears and answers my prayers. Aubree was able to attend the Sunday morning session in person with her Uncle Tommie and cousin Nathan.


Monday, April 8, 2024 was another day I knew that God lived.  Jake and I took off work to take the boys to the solar eclipse full totality in Arkansas. The entire day, I felt God's love through Jake and the beauty of the Earth as we drove.  Watching complete totality is amazing, it is something hard to describe and is vastly different than even 99%.  I was reminded just how much 1% difference can make in all that we do and how small things can be powerful big things.  We let the boys each invite a friend and I enjoyed seeing all of them happy and talk about it after.  





On a different note, I arranged a date night (4/11) for Jake and I to see Wicked with dinner before.  It is always important to make time together. 



No comments: