Friday, April 23, 2010

Aubree's share at school

At school this week, Aubree shared during share time. She is very excited for the baby and enjoys feeling him move. She shared her excitement with her class about feeling him move, my belly growing, and wanting to be there when the baby is born. Aubree explained that she will be in there when the baby is born and went over to ask the teacher if she could say "vagina", the teacher said that may not be such a great idea, so Aubree proceeded. She explained there would be lots of blood and they would have to cut her mommy "down here" and started pointing to her vagina....that's right, and explained that it would be bloody and the baby would be bloody and her mom would scream. The teacher got a real kick out of this and one of the students wanted to know why I would not be given medicine when I scream. Mrs. Hulgan had to explain a bit about childbirth for the first time as a kindergarten teacher. How does Aubree know these things? She is determined to help me have the baby and be in there, so I have been trying to discourage that, I do not want my child scarred, and in the process have tried to make it sound yucky to her. She is still determined.

4 comments:

Amy Eaton said...

That is so funny!!

Robert and Charity said...

hahahahaha!!!!!!! That is hilarious!!

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

I sure love kids...and they do say the darndest things!!! I bet your kids are especially funny because YOU say the darndest things too!!! Ha ha...this was great!

Beke said...

Cute...