Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer time has begun!!

School let out the end of May and our summer started with a bang. We were able to have family stay with us for a few weeks and we enjoyed it. The kids love being around their cousins and I enjoyed coming to know and love Amy more and Jake enjoyed have another man, Michael, around. We were happy to see them get to move into their house (which is fairly close (6 minutes) and James and Kara are 8 minutes away) but a little somber too. It was built in entertainment for the kids and company for the adults.
The last day of school as bitter sweet for me and the girls. It was a little sad to think this was their last year at Richland Elementary. Richland was a wonderful school for the girls and I can only hope their new school is just as good, both have similar ratings, so fingers are crossed.
James graduated dental school and had a small gathering in Jackson...the three boys (Chris, Riley, and Jack) are beginning to become mischievous together. Oddly, it was a cooler day but that did not stop the three from finding water and getting drenched.
Our summer is off to a good start. Family, zoo, cookouts...what more could we ask for. Jake and the three oldest left for Texas this morning to visit his family for a little bit. Christopher and I, we just hang tight and I am sure will find things to do to keep our lives busy. I am still learning the ropes to my new area at work but I really like the manager, so that is good. Unfortunately, I am on a non-planned break from school. My finger prints clearance did not make it back in time and I the FBI wanted a re-print because the prints were either too light, too dark, or blurry but I am hoping to get back enrolled very soon.

















No comments: