Saturday, July 16, 2016

Summer Vacation 2

need a vacation from all our vacationing. After being home a week from Yellowstone, we left to go visit with Michael in Michigan before his family moved to Idaho. Amy was in Idaho looking for homes so we went up two days early to help with the kids. Jake and I rocked nine kids between us. We took them to the children's museum and hiking. Mom, dad, Becky, and Charitys family drove up for the weekend. It was an enjoyable time to have so many of us together. Sometimes I think the disadvantages of having a large family is it's harder to all get together but I feel fortunate that I saw all my siblings this summer. We made a trip to Lake Michigan one day and blueberry picking the next. Monday morning we packed up early (brought Becky) and left to spend the day in Toronto, Canada. We explored Lake Ontario, let the kids put their feet in, rented a quad bike (reminded me just how out of shape I am), and tasted some of the best carnival good ever. It was like a whole funnel cake with no holes coated with Nutella or a chocolate hazelnut spread and topped with Reese's pieces. It was yummy!  After lunch at a spaghetti warehouse, Will accidentally discovered breats and was memorized (he said Whoa and tried to see more). We had walked by a restaurant where the servers wear short kilt skirts and matching plaid bra like shirts and that was it. We had to take a moment and explain modesty. Tuesday we ventured to Niagra Falls for the day and planned to leave Wednesday morning to drive through Palymra 
NY to visit the sacred grove on our way home. However after arriving we saw that the Hill Cumoreah pageant was that evening. What are the chances, so we stayed and drove home through the night. As the pageant drew to a close, it hit me like never before, why wouldn't need Mormon and Moroni want to preserve a record of their people, I do this for a record of my family. 








No comments: