Sunday, December 18, 2016

December already

Somehow December has snuck upon me and I neglected to do my Thanksgiving post. We are so technology dependent in this day that when my phone kept closing the app, I did not get on the computer to blog about thanksgiving. This year we drove to James and Cathys for dinner (James is my dads brother). Grandmother Christine was also there so dad was appreciative that we drove up. Sandra and Rebekah were not able to come so they went black Friday shopping. Christopher has asked for a "hatching egg" (hatchimal) for Christmas and they were able to get the nearly impossible toy for us. Seth was visiting from Idaho so we enjoyed having him stay with us a couple of days. School let out for the Christmas holiday on Friday (12/16), so we are looking forward to spending time together. I have been a little discouraged that I will not receive a Christmas or birthday card this year from my Papaw but I decided to send out cards this year to help brighten my days. I read a talk by Elder Jeffrey R Holland recently called "Christmas Comfort" that helped comfort. Basically it explains that we love good, so we hurt good too. I read the talk twice and reflected on how I am glad that I had the opportunity to love him and my mamaw, they set the bar high for grandparents. I am grateful for a living Heavenly Father that most likely suffered watching his son suffer for me that I can have the opportunity to live again and be a forever family. Oh Will advanced to Bear in cub scouts.
 



No comments: