Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Community Service Hero Award

Today, I received the following in a letter but did not realize today was February 20th until after the employment fair about 7:00pm. (One of us was asked to attend that to represent the school so Jake went so I could eat dinner with my mom)
“Dear V Renee Farrell,
       Let me be the first to congratulate you on being a recipient of a Community Service Hero Award for 2018. You are receiving by this award for your tireless device to your community and your efforts to make tomorrow better for those living in the Mid-South
       We are holding a Gala in your honor called the Community Service Heroes Gala to be held Tuesday evening, February 20, 2018 at the Bartlett Performing Arts and Conference Center (3663 Appling Rd, Bartlett TN 38133).  The reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the ceremony following at 7:00 pm. Please attend to receive your award....”

And I missed it. School was out Friday 2/16 for a PD day and on Monday 2/19 for Presidents Day, so today was the day I received this and didn’t realize until tonight when I went to put it on the calendar that today was the 20th. I am sad that I missed it and would have like to attended with Jake.

No comments: