Friday, November 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!  This year we traveled to Cloudcroft, New Mexico for Thanksgiving to be with Jake's parents because for the first time, we were given a week off school for Thanksgiving break.  Jake as adamant about leaving Saturday morning, although I tried to convince him to leave Monday morning for a few reasons. First, it would give me Saturday to put up some Christmas and just get ready. And my brothers were both flying in Sunday so I could see them a couple hours on Sunday. My feelings were hurt that he would not even consider it, even though it has been a couple of years since I saw them.  We stayed in Abilene Saturday and Sunday to visit with Tommie and Karen.  There was a youth dance Saturday night, so we left early enough to get the girls there to attend. It was difficult for me to get up Saturday morning at 4:30, especially since I did not get to bed until almost 2:00 am.  To prepare to leave Saturday, I had a list of things that I needed to accomplish each day, including school work and felt like I stayed on top of my game for the most part. Monday after we left Abilene, we stopped in Midland to have lunch with Jenny and Megan's families on the way to Cloudcroft. Tuesday morning we visited the Petroglyphs Park and a lava ruins park. Chris and Crystal arrived in Cloudcroft on Tuesday afternoon.  It has been a nice visit.















No comments: