Friday, December 7, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, every where you go, except the Farrell home.  Haha, we have put up a few decorations on the interior but have not touched the interior. I am not sure as to why I am not feeling as festive yet this year, maybe I just have not taken the time too.  My mind races with things to share but I want to share just a couple of thoughts this evening.  Recently, at the last general conference, the announcement was made that church services would be reduced to two hours and more emphasis is to be placed on home study together. While, I like the idea of two hour church and the responsibility of gospel growth more placed on individual and family study, a part of me worries that as busy as we have allowed ourselves to get in this society, that the hour that should be spent strengthening family may get filled with something else.  Then my mind wonders more...is the reduction in time spent at church an effort to help us make more time for the Lord because we are not making adequate time. I am hoping that we will find ways to inspire our children. Speaking of inspiration and being a good example for our children, yesterday after work, Jake noticed one of our neighbors blowing leaves in their yard and within moments of being home, he had grabbed the leaf blower and whipped out the door. We did not know he had even left. However, after discovering where he was, I sent the kids to help. Will was the only one that chose to stay as there was not much else that others could have done.  I am grateful for the example set for our boy. Will has a pure heart. As difficult as he can be, he is a good boy.  Over Thanksgiving, I was reminded of how he stayed with Kilie in Georgia every where we went and made sure she was included. Megan and Grammy said he made that little girls trip enjoyable.  He often does notice the one and seeks to include them and be kind.  I need to notice the good more often and compliment it. I want him to recognize all the good that he does as well. 

No comments: