Sunday, May 5, 2019

Happy 18 years to my forever date

Today marks our 18-year anniversary of marital bliss. Although not every day has been blissful, it has been wonderful. I firmly believe this statement by Elder F. Burton Howard: “If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” I know Jake and I can last forever! Jake makes me so much better and I feel so blessed that he chose me.  Learning to love and forgive one another has allowed us to create a beautiful life together. He is my everything!

On another note, the Memphis temple was re-dedicated today by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, it was by invitation only, so we did not attend.  We were not able to meet to in our building, so we attended the Lakeland ward as directed.  I am glad that we have a temple locally and hope to be able to utilize it more often. I suppose it is making more effort than mere hope.

No comments: