Sunday, September 1, 2019

Am I enough?

Before I pour out my heart or parts of it, yes, I am that mom, whom neglected to get back to school photos.  School started back on August 13th. Ginny is a senior (12th grade), Aubree, a sophomore (10th grade), Will enters his first year as a middle schooler (6th grade), and Christopher is a loner this year with no siblings in the same grade (4th grade).  We are now three weeks into the school year and thus far, so far so good. Ginny also purchased a little 2005 Corolla to be her on car. Let me clarify, Jake and I purchased it but she intends to pay us back.  When she does give us money, we put right back into a savings account for her.
Am I enough?  There are so many times that I feel that I make people's lives or experiences worse because I am a part of them.  I truly am sorry about those times.  There have been moments when I wanted to apologize to my inlaws for not being whom they would have chosen for Jake to marry and the inadequacy in being the mother to their grand children.  Jake and my kids both deserve so much better.  I fail to instill in the knowledge of how AMAZING they are, the joy they bring into the lives of others, and their potential as sons and daughters of a king.
Tonight, we went to Jackson for dinner (Becky's boyfriend flew in for the weekend and is meeting the family) and we kept Riley and Charlie for the weekend so Charity could attend a singles conference, so we carried them back home. Sandra and Becky were expressing some frustrations and I shared frustrations back about them sharing those frustrations.  In my feeble attempt to try to be non-judgemental and just be good for others, I was judgemental towards them. I am certain that I ruined the evening.  I feel that I do that regularly when family is together and thus I should avoid family get togethers, but I long to be there with everyone. Yet in so doing, I fail my parents, my sisters, my husband, my children, and in addition tonight Stella and Adam (Becky's guy).  I am unsure what my problem is or what is wrong with me?
I have tried so hard to be more diligent in reading my scriptures more regularly and even follow an on-line blog called "Don't miss this", which I love.  Most days I can tell a difference as I am more aware of seeing the good and remembering the teachings of Paul. The last month, I have really come to love Paul as I have read Romans and 1st Corinthians.  I love that he ministers and teaching that we are of value and have already been purchased by God, but yet I find it hard to see in myself.
This past week Ginny posted a reminder of this love on instagram...while I was reminded of God's love, I wondered how I was oblivious to the hard time she referred to in her post: "I stumbled across this picture the other day and I absolutely love it. I love how Christ is holding her so tenderly. It shows the scars in his hands where he suffered for us that He could know our pains and struggles.  I know that Christ loves us perfectly. I've had some struggles the past few weeks and He has been there for me every step of the way. He died so that I live and I will be forever grateful to Him.". What an absolute beautiful reminder and testimony from my daughter!  After inquiring about her struggles, it was about attending the branch and seminary this year but she is doing both with what at least appears to be a cheerful heart!










No comments: