Sunday, August 4, 2019

Busy Sunday

Today was our first Sunday attending the Central Gardens branch.  Upon parking, Jake encouraged us each to bear our testimony today. He was the first one up in the meeting and set the example for the rest of us, which throughout the meeting did follow with Will being the concluding testimony. The members of the branch extended a warm welcome and were pretty excited to see us, which I hope made it easier for the kids.  Christopher bore his testimony today too. One thing he said that made my heart happy and broke it at the same time was simple “I know Heavenly Father loves us, even if we are different”.  Just thought I’d share because it was a good reminder to me. I told him it’s great to be different. How sad is this- after church I was asking the kids about everything. We got to Christopher in Primary and he shared he made 2 friends, that were both 3.  He said he sat on the back row, when I asked if he made a friend there too, he said no he sat alone but wanted too so no one would make front of his voice.  Does he not know how wonderful and special his little voice is? He will do wonderful things with his mouth/voice one day. 
After church, Jake and I had the opportunity to accompany Ginny to receive her patriarchal blessing. It was a beautiful blessing with warnings to heed and the promise of blessings to come if lived in accordance with gospel teaching. Our children are becoming wonderful young adults.  

No comments: