Sunday, December 15, 2019

Tender little feelings...

Today was a beautiful day for me. Aubree received her young women’s recognition today and other small reminders of the goodness of God. Sacrament was wonderful and I enjoyed the talks.  I was able to be able to teach Sunday school today and had asked that Aubree and Jake do a song for us...”You say” by Lauren Daigle, which brought the spirit in indescribably. I had shared in my lesson that if we love as Christ, we are blessed with confidence and what a difference there would be if everyone in the world had that confidence to know where they came from that God has a plan for each of us. The song that Aubree sang, accompanied by her dad reminds me of that and has become one of my favorite songs (partly because they do and the other part the lyrics). There are so many times that I and others may question our worth and forget all that we are. Then tonight, the kids and I attended a missionary tribute to Christ. As I listened to the music and looked at my kids, I was humbled. Humbled that I have been given the life I have, humbled that I have been blessed with these AMAZING children, and humbled to feel His love. As I looked into the faces of some of the senior sister missionaries, I wondered the life they have lived and hardships endured. What had life dealt them? What will my story be? What will others see when they look into my face? I want you help others, to life others, and spare no expense to help others that need to feel loved. 

On a different note, Christopher won his class spelling bee and was able to participate in the school spelling bee.  He was very sad when he got out the first round but several other contestants did too.  I was very proud of him. Despite his speech, he goes and does.  He is very courageous.  Others are noticing his improvements in speech too.  Last weekend, I also let the girls drive to Paris, TN to see Sandra by themselves. They stopped by my parents briefly on their way there.  It is the first time that I have allowed that length of a venture without us with Ginny driving but I figure at some point that I have to start since she she leaves for schools soon.  Knowing this may be our last December to have all four kids home the entire month of December, our little elf, Zang, has done some each day. Things such as leaving: advent calendars, kindness advent calendars, ring pops, punch balloons, pajamas, Christmas shirts, Christmas socks, chocolates, Christmas glasses, Santa hats, etc.  It has been fun!







No comments: