Thursday, September 10, 2020

Bad 4 weeks

 It seems almost nightly, I come to bed feeling like a loser of a parent or just plain exhausted.  I feel like I am barely afloat this school year. While the whole "in person" teaching and "virtual" teaching is exhausting in itself, I come home to try to make sure my boys have done their work. Will is in trouble very night for his school work not being done and his desires to watch television and be on electronics instead.  His grades (well all three that are still in regular school (not college)) are lower and it makes me feel like a terrible parent.  I am struggling to try to balance work and home right now. I feel like I always have a list a mile long to do for work and then it does not help to get messages or stopped in the hall about my kid missing work.  It really is almost more than I can take these days and I am clueless as to what to do to make it better. I wonder if I was home with them if it would be better.  Ginny has been great about being here but it is not the same. Did we make the best choice for our kids?  The kids at school do not seem to be getting sick, so would my kids be? Then I wonder if Covid is really as bad as it has been made out to be. I am really doing my best but I feel that is not enough. 

No comments: