Sunday, October 11, 2020

Beautiful reminder

 Yesterday at 11:55 pm, Jake posted the following on facebook...it is a beautiful reminder and a part of his testimony that I want to always remember.

"Today was one of those days that I felt unworthy of my Savior’s love. I didn’t help anyone, didn’t spend quality time with my family, and was just completely selfish. And at the end of the day I thought that I probably shouldn’t pray. Why would God listen?
 
Then, I felt a prompting and a thought. All of the other days this week I did my best. I thought of others and served where I could. Those were the days that Jesus was cheering me on. But on a day like today, this is the reason why He died for me. He knew I would have these days. He knew I would need Him. He loved me so much that He would sacrifice Himself to help me overcome days like these. The thought of not praying seemed so ungrateful. Satan would have me feel guilt to the point of forgetting my Savior.
 
So I removed myself from my bed and knelt to offer a simple prayer. “Please God, help me always remember my Savior, Jesus.” I thought of His love and thanked Him for helping me on days like these.
If you ever have a day like this, please remember that Jesus died to help you overcome the bad days. He hears your prayers. Do not yield to thoughts of guilt or shame. God loves you."

No comments: