Thursday, May 13, 2021

I have so much to catch up on

 We have welcomed a new member to the family, Penelope Diane Dickey, daughter of Rebekah and Adam Dickey.  My kiddos are enjoying the baby. 



 
Aubree also won a state competition. We have been told that it is the highest anyone from Bartlett has placed in the state.  She is a ham.  She was also chosen by her classmates to serve as president of the Thespian club next year. 


Mothers Day (May 9th) ended in a tragedy for our family. My ex-brother in law, Robert Dilgard took his life.  My dad called at 11:48pm with the news and Jake and I left a little after midnight to go be with Charity and her kids in Knoxville. Jake was charged with telling the kids Monday after school.  He said it was very difficult to do. I cannot imagine how Charity feels and having to tell the kids their father passed. Each had such a different reaction and they will need love.  Sandra also drove up Monday to be with Charity and the kids. The cousins were a distraction which was good.  Sandra and I comforted Charity the best we could and Jake was a blessing to the kids (they love him dearly).  My heart aches so much for them.  Charity paid a beautiful tribute to Robert with her facebook announcement. Many tears have been shed by me for her family and his.  I think everyone has so many questions and it makes me want to advocate more for mental illnesses and suicide prevention.  I know he suffered from mental illness but when Robert was good, he was good. I do not why he chose to do it and maybe he thought he was helping his children but I do know, only the good will be shared with children and I hope they know their dad loved/loves them very much. I do not fully understand the atonement and do not have all the answers but I know Christ understands and that he heals in this life and hopefully in the next.  He knows our hearts and I do believe Robert had a good one.


And just a few random pictures as well. 


Sandra and Brent's family


No comments: