Thursday, September 30, 2021

Another hard day in the class

 I have decided that the ESL teacher has it in for me this year because one of her students is not passing my class.  She consistently thinks I am not following accommodations and today went to the principal and told him that.  Within 20 minutes of the PLC meeting ending, the principal cam to my room and pulled me in the hall and told me they were not optional. I am quite bothered by this situation because not once was I asked what modifications I was making and when I told him I was following them, he preceded to tell me that like an IEP they are law.  I again told him they were being followed and his response was "So I am receiving bad information", which I was responded, "yes". I am in my 7th year at this school and this is her 1st so I am very bothered that he would take her work over mine.  I went to ask to talk to him and he informed me he did not have the time.  It seems the past three years, he has something against me and I am not sure what.  I have no idea what I have done that may have wronged him but I do not think it is acceptable nor professional.  He has made me feel that I am of no value to him and he is indifferent if I am here or not, so much so, I really want to look for another position.  With that said, I do know the grass is not always greener other places, but it is hard to be somewhere you feel unvalued.  Fortunately, I get to work with Jake each day and that itself makes it worth it.

No comments: