Saturday, October 2, 2021

Enough of the negative

 Enough of the negative about how hard the school year is for me, so let me show you a few things that make me happy and a few good things our family has done recently. 

September 11 was a day of service and the youth were encouraged to participate.  Adult leaders were needed to transport youth to fire stations across Shelby County to deliver meals, so Jake and I signed up.  We were fortunate to be able to be with our two children.  

Some of the youth (Aubree and Will on front row) with fireman





September 18-19, Jake and I were able to go to Slidell, MS and New Orleans, LA and help with hurricane clean up. On the way back home, we were able to complete 3 service tickets in Hattiesburg, MS.  I am not sure how much of help Will was at all times but he was able to see things to increase his gratitude and serve others.  I think his favorite was helping tarp roofs with his dad.  We are very glad that we were able to share this experience with him.



I have also been able to put up Halloween and just have giggles with my kids.  Despite the hard moments, there are definitely many more good ones that I am thankful for. Ginny has sent me a few pictures, which I am thankful for. There have been several times that Jake and Aubree have been able to play on the piano together and sing, it may be one of my favorite things.  I LOVE to hear him play and my children sing/play as well.  

Ginny- September 10, 2021

Ginny and Charity September 18, 2021


September 26, 2021 Visit with Sandra and my parents at Rebekah's place



Matching Pajamas for Aubree and I- we received them as gifts from 2 different people.

September 18, 2021 Ginny and Charlie

Last Sunday (9/26), the kids were asked to bear their testimonies in sacrament.  Aubree went forth and shared her love for the gospel, followed by Will who shared that he and his brother had fought a lot the day before but he had asked for forgiveness and knows we can be forgiven. Lastly was Christopher, short and sweet. He shared that he knew that Heavenly Father was aware of him then preceded to tell a quick story that I had not heard before.  He said when he played baseball, he missed the ball a lot but it was his turn to bat one time and they needed two runs to win the game.  He said he said a quick prayer asking Heavenly Father to hep him hit the ball. He had two strikes but on the next throw, he hit the ball and it went past first base and he made it to first base.  Christopher's short testimony reminded me that Heavenly Father is aware of us and takes time for us.  He took the time for a young boy (at least three years ago) who just wanted to not strike out.  I am grateful he remembers that and hope he holds to it forever as a testimony that he is seen.



No comments: