Sunday, January 30, 2022

Christopher's 1st Talk

 Once upon a time a young boy was learning to ride a bike. He fell many times but each time his brother or sister was there to help him get back up and try again. That young boy was me.  I am Christopher Farrell, the youngest son of Jake and Renee’. I have two older sisters and one older brother.

The topic of my talk is love at home. First things first, let’s talk about love. Love  is the ability to care for someone.  

Love is the most powerful force of nature. Love will always over-power hate no matter how strong you hate someone, love will always still be there. At home there is family’s love for you, but the person that shows me the most love out of everybody in the whole wide world besides Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father is my brother.  In 1 Corinthians it says, “love is patient love is kind”.   My brother shows love to me is whenever I’m having a bad day or anything bad that has happened to me. To me my brother is a beacon of hope and love.

The most common theme of many tv shows and books is family. I don’t blame them,  that is a very good theme all around the world. Family, the people you love the most and at times dislike the most. The people that should always love you and not turn their back on you. My family helps me. Aubree takes me places, Ginny used to let me sleep with her when I was younger, and Will plays games with me. My dad helps me craft, during cub scouts, he helped me make my car for a race. My mom cooks and cleans for me. We have scripture and prayer together and have to share.

The song I am a child of God says: “I have a family here on earth and the they are so good to me.” My family is good to me.   In Colossians 3:13 it says, “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you as a grievance with someone. Forgive as the lord forgave you.”  There have also been multiple times I have to forgive my family members, like when my brother and I get upset and say mean things to each other.

Family will always love you no matter how far away you are, how many sins you committed, or no matter how old you are. One example of this is my sister Ginny. She is in college and my family always tries to call her every week to make sure she is okay and doing everything good. Mom and dad check up on her.

Some family does not live with you and may not be your birth family but they can still be family. We are all family to Heavenly Father and he wants us to come back to him.  We are here to love people, help people and share the gospel. Parents help us learn to serve.

My point is family will always love you and love never dies out. We can help all people feel love at home by comforting them when they have a bad day, serve them, and just be there in our house and in our communities.

No comments: