Sunday, April 17, 2022

He is Risen

 

How grateful I am to know my Savior lives. I am grateful for His resurrection that allows me to see my loved ones who have passed, His atonement that allows my shortcomings to be forgiven, and the enabling power of the atonement and grace that is teaching me better to forgive and love others.
Happy Easter from our family to yours. May we each remember Jesus daily and share what He has done for us and where He shows up. I love my Redeemer!
 
This past year as I put my "Because he lives..." in my egg, I reflected on the idea that I can be forgiven for my shortcomings.  After Jake was called to serve as bishop, I felt it very strongly from the Savior through his actions and I am so very thankful to know I have a Savior whom loves me unconditionally.
 
I saw this today on someone's social media, loved it, and hope I always make room for others:

"As I set the table for our Easter dinner, I can’t help but consider Christ’s table.
.
One where everyone is welcome.
.
A friend once told me that when Jesus comes to the table, He looks around to see who is missing, and then He starts extending invitations.
.
I believe that is true.
.
He is the Savior, the Giver of Grace. He invites everyone to partake of the gift He offers.
.
Deliverance, protection, healing, strength, rescue, lifting, being made whole.
.
Everyone.
.
I listen to the song "Come to the Table," @sidewalkprophets as I work. It is a song of invitation, a welcome.
.
As I listen, my mind fills with pictures--thieves, doubters, heroes, cowards, prisoners, soldiers, paupers, princes, the loved, the lost, followers, and leaders. He remembers those who hunger and thirst, those who feel left out, and those who love. He mentions the wanderers, the dreamers, and the sufferers. The young and the old… He remembers everyone.
.
Here is an important truth:
Jesus will meet us where we are, as we are, but He doesn’t intend to leave us there. He came to lift us.
.
"Come to the table, dear friend. Please come," the Lord of the feast whispers. "Come as you are. Sit with Me. You are welcome here.”
.
This is grace.
.
Grace is an invitation to come as you are. Grace is the promise that there is still room. Grace is radical generosity. Grace is the
healing and restoring that is abundant in Christ.
.
Grace is a place at the table.
.
So we gather round the table, and light spills in through the windows, and we are all together.
.
And everyone is welcome here." 








No comments: