Sunday, April 24, 2022

State Champion- Aubree

 This week has been quite the busy week for out family as Aubree wrapped her last week of high school. It began with a reception to honor the 85/598 that are graduating with the honors academy recognition and ended with Aubree winning the the title of state champion on duo interpretation. She was beyond excited.  I was fortunate to be able to see her performance as I was asked to chaperone because they needed a Bartlett City Schools employee. Initially I was dreading the trip 8+ hours on a bus one way, missing school on Friday (the Friday before the Science state test on Monday), and just a quick trip. However, after discovering it  was like 20 minutes from Ginny, I was more okay with it. And watching Aubree compete Saturday made it worth it as well.  Ginny drove and met us for dinner at Cracker Barrell and after we had all checked into the hotel, she and I drove to her dorm and to Crumbl Cookie.  She spent the night at the hotel with me Friday and Saturday after I was free to go from the tournament and seeing Aubree, we went to look at where she works and to have lunch.  It was nice to see her in her almost adult element. I did not stay for the awards ceremony after Aubree's last round and I wish I would have.  It did not dawn on me that she may receive an award. I drove the coach's car back as I figured there was no reason for both of us to get back in the early hours and the the rounds/awards were still three hours after Aubree's last round.  She loves the entire theater aspect of things and does well. She and her partner/friend, Anna Wright, are Bartlett's first ever state champions. 





No comments: