Monday, June 26, 2023

Happy Days...

 

This past week was extremely busy.  Jake has been working at the house most nights very late getting is ready for floors that went it this week.  He has painted it all by himself. Monday and Tuesday they laid the hardwood floors (well it is a luxury vinyl we chose instead as it is supposedly more durable and easier to care for, so I am hoping we do not regret it) and Thursday and Friday the downstairs carpet.  We spent Friday and Saturday trying to move things back in to place and wipe white dust, which I am sure we will find more as the year progresses.

Friday (6/23/23) I had my first day at UTHSC as the Program Coordinator for Anesthesiology.  I have very mixed feelings about leaving the classroom.  I enjoy teaching but my most favorite thing has been working side by side with Jake daily the last 7-8 years.  I will miss that most.  I am sure I will also miss the longer breaks, but Jake and I believe that this may be best in the long run due to the benefits.  Although I do not feel stressed teaching, everyone says that teachers are stressed and may not see it until no longer on that field. Jake said that most all e-mails and calls are received are worrisome or negative.  I think the thing that I dislike most about teaching is disrespectful students and adults that do not hold students accountable nor give consequences (in the school and in homes). 

Now for the way happy parts. First., all my babies are briefly home for hot minute. Aubree flew in Saturday evening, and I cannot tell you how happy my heart was Sunday (6/25/23) having all my babies with me at church and for the next week and a half.   Second, much thanks to Jake’s constant work the last three weeks on the house daily, we checked out from the hotel Sunday morning and when we return home from vacation, we are going to our house to stay.  Yes, there is still work to be done (no trim or baseboards yet, a few rooms of painting, boys bathroom vanity and tile, kitchen tile, and loads of unpacking/organizing) but it is livable. We are going back home after six months and by the time we return from vacation, almost seven months. 

Yesterday (6/25/23) after sacrament meeting, we snapped a family picture by the temple, went by our house to change clothes, and hit the road for Texas.  We enjoyed standing in our closets to change and hang up our clothes.  We quickly did things around the house and hopped in the car to leave.  We said our prayer, turned on our traditional pulling away vacation song “Roll Out” and pulled out.  It was one of the best car rides yet as the kids enjoyed being together (we laughed and sang) and Ginny drove some while Jake and I napped. It is a memory I want to remember and hear the laughter and singing forever in my head. 



 





No comments: