Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Moon River Ranch, Satin TX

 We are on our second full day at Moon River Ranch. The kids have enjoyed playing nine square and swimming.  Jake has enjoyed visiting with his family. I have been completing new hire orientation stuff for my new job at UTHSC.  I also submitted by resignation to Bartlett City Schools today. It was very hard for me because I do not want to leave Jake but we feel there is more opportunity for the family by doing it.  It makes me sad.  He is my best friend and person I love the most!  I will miss him fiercely and being able to walk literally next door t see him and standing two feet from him in the hall at class change.  

Meanwhile in Bartlett, our power has been out since Sunday evening about 6:00pm as straight line winds of 80-90 miles per hour swept threw. As of today, there are many trees and power lines down with no estimated time of when we may get power back.  I am still looking forward to going home but now will have to toss much of your food that I just purchased in an effort to being proactive.  Fortunately our neighbor hooked up a generator to the outside freezers, so it will basically just be the refrigerator/freezer that will need to be emptied.  We are blessed. Our neighbor directly behind us had a tree fall over from their back yard but it fell sideways missing our home and the neighbor to our north directly beside us also fell but missed our home/yard.  The Lord continues to bless us.



No comments: