Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Days

The weather has been crazy lately. Last week, we had a nice little winter storm, it was beautiful. Yet beauty, in that case can be dangerous. However, the ice everywhere was breath taking, especially when it glistened off the tree branches in the sun. The earth truly is beautiful. Then a few days later, we woke up to about 5 inches of snow. The weather people did not see it coming because there was no talk nor warning but the kids loved it, and Jake may have loved it more. School was canceled and they till awoke early and ventured out to play and build forts and a snowman. The cute thing is that Jake and Aubree got so into it that they built snowman family. Ginny came in to help me because she was tired and we prepared hot chocolate, eggs, bacon, and pancakes. We created a fun family memory.

Jake and the kids working on the fort.

My angels

The snowman family

4 comments:

Kara said...

I like your little snowman family. James and Elle only managed to build one but still turned out cute.

Amy Eaton said...

Love it!..Sadly we haven't even built one and the kids have asked I have just been to lazy to go and help...I guess I better...Unfortunately we still have time.

Beke said...

Cute little family

jkmace said...

I love your snow family!!! Plus, your family is adorable!