Saturday, February 20, 2010

Random rambling

I usually consider myself an overall good person but do you ever have those days that you feel like you suck at everything. Maybe its hormones? I decided to blog but realized my life is pretty boring, yet I feel so busy everyday but really nothing worth writing about. I went to Jackson this weekend and enjoyed hanging out with mom and dad. Jake is on a ski trip with his brothers and Sandra is headed on a cruise, so it was just me and the kids. I took 2 days off work because I wanted to not rely on someone else to take care of my precious little ones...they (my babies) really are my motivation and encouragement most days. Lately, I have been contemplating not going back to work after I have the baby but my problem is that I feel the need to work. It is gratifying to me and helps my self esteem but it is also exhausting. So, I feel fickle about it. I know either decision would be okay and I do not feel like me working makes me a worse mother. I work night to be with my babies during the day and still try to be involved in the girls schooling but I am tired. Yet, I like to be able to do nice things for my kids, although, I know that material things are not nearly as important as time and love.
Oh, also we bought another car....the best part is that we were able to pay for it, so wahoo, we have eliminated a car payment. It is a nice little car and we feel that we paid a fair price for it. It is a 2004 Nissan Xterra, nothing fancy but it runs well. We have to adjust to not having power windows and doors but the price was right and mileage not too high. The only drawback was that the previous owner was a smoker, so we have been trying to eliminate the smell. It is much better but not perfect yet.

2 comments:

Beke said...

I didn't know Jake was skiing. Sounds fun. Having a new car is excitingq

Robert and Charity said...

Nothing fancy? Girl, those are nice. Have you seen my car? ha....fancy. It is all relative