Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day


Today, as we celebrate our mothers, I was driving back from Dallas and had a lot of time to think about not only my mom, but the influential women in my life. The thought occurred to me as I glanced back at my two beautiful daughters, possibly future mothers in Zion and how grateful I am to be their mom and that they are surrounded by remarkable women who not only love them but are great examples. My mom comes to mind first, and I owe much of who I have become to my mother. She is a great women and willing to help those in need. She is a mother hen for sure and very protective over her children. Next, my mother in law comes to mind. She, Lynn Farrell, raised a wonderful father for my children and like my own mother shows unconditional love for out children and both are wonderful grandparents. My sisters come to mind next. They are not biological mothers yet but are each in essence a mother to my children. My little ones love them and they are always more than willing to help with them and even give me "mothering advise". Following my own sisters, my sister in laws (all of them) come to mind and how they have each taught me something about motherhood and blessed the lives of my children as well. So today, I celebrate the wonderful women in my life who help complete my life. Oh, did I mention the good friends that I have that are examples in my life as well. I believe we can look around and find reasons without searching hard to love and appreciate the individual women who touch our lives.

1 comment:

Beke said...

We really do have some great women in our lives.