Friday, December 10, 2010

"Mommy, Look!"


"Mommy, look!", this may be my newest favorite quote. You see last night when I got home from work, I climbed into bed. I had briefly contemplated sleeping on the couch because me bed was full with my husband, Will, and Aubree. However, I decided to climb into my nice, warm bed. I had almost dozed off when in a loud exclamation, I hear with excitement, "mommy, look". I loved it, my Aubree, is dreaming of me and its a good dream. I told Jake how I loved it and he told me that earlier that night, Aubree said that her body was preventing her from going to sleep, so she and Jake said a prayer together and she climbed in bed with her daddy. He proceeded to tell me that she told him of one of her bad dreams but she does not have them often because she says a prayer. However, her last bad dream, was about her daddy....he was bit by a snake on his penis....the imagination of that child. Where does she come up with that stuff? Yesterday, when I picked the girls up from school, Aubree's hair was a mess and I asked her what happened. She informed me she had a bad day because she had to do jumping jacks and play basketball. We continued talking and Aubree tried to convince Ginny and I to allow her to share our family secret but we convinced her, it was a bad idea. See in our family, we have magical powers and Ginny told Aubree that Aubree had the magical power of making people laugh when they are sad....I am glad the girls are turning into friends. They both make me smile and bring so much joy into my life.
Other than our adventures with dreams, and keeping up with Will....life is good. We are preparing for the holidays and are looking forward to a few weeks off school to be with our little family. Will is into everything these days, he is your typical two year old boy. Christopher started cereal this week and he is not sure what to think of it yet.




No comments: