Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Ginny

My second favorite day this week was Saturday. My eldest, Ginny, turned double digits. It is very hard for me to believe that I have a ten year old. Each day, I am still learning to be a mom. Last Sunday, was one of the moments that I was proud to be a mom. In Relief Society, during the lesson, one of the ladies shared something that she learned from one of her activity day girls that has impacted her and she thinks about daily. The lady, Sister Sharon McGaughy, said that the little girl said, "if you don't love someone then you need to serve them until you do." After the comment, I turned around because I had a hunch because it is something that I tell my babies often, and she said "Yes, it was your Ginny." I was one proud mommy and today, she came to me after church with a few tears telling me how she would miss Ginny and the void in the ward from us leaving could not be filled. As I drove home, I contemplated the power and influence of a child. My child, my Ginny, had taught this lady and me a priceless lesson. Ginny is kind, obedient, and patient. She makes all A's in school and loves to read. She is an example to her siblings, parents, and classmates. Heavenly Father has blessed me from the beginning with remarkable children. For Ginny's birthday, we took a group of her friends to the movie and then to Dairy Queen. Nana came up to celebrate with her and the rest of the family here joined us a Dairy Queen. I love that my family is always there for the special days in my children's lives.

2 comments:

Beke said...

Ginny is such a special young lady. We are lucky to have her in our family.

Sandra and Brent said...

She is a special young lady. I can't believe how big she is getting.