Friday, June 19, 2015

Dear Ginny....

Dear Ginny, I wanted to write this letter for you on your birthday. You have grown up so fast. I guess being the oldest kinda does that. I remember wanting to see you when you got to the next milestone; to see you walk, to hear you talk, to hold your hand going to school. Now you are 13. The next steps are your first dance, first date, drivers license, and graduation. We only have five years left. When I use to wish for the days to pass quickly till the next break, now I pray for them to slow down. But time keeps marching on. So here are my hopes for the next five years...to see you smile every day, see you find God and become His friend, to cherish the everyday moments as a family, to hear you giggle with your sister and friends, and for you to know that I love you forever. I hope I can make these the best five years of your life yet. I love you. Love, Dad This was a note left to Ginny after the night Ginny was a girls camp. Jake is such a great dad and talented writer. I am lucky he is mine and that Ginny is ours. We have been blessed with great children. He is right, I, too, want time to slow down and to cherish these moments with our littles.

No comments: